Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Meeuwsen, Natalie. Cooks Source Magazine Assignment

1.  This article is about whether it is legal or not to use someone else's information without permission.  It describes a recipe that a woman, Monica Gaudio wrote that was posted elsewhere without her permission.

2.  I am not sure if it is legal or not to use the information without citing the source in this case.

3.  In my opinion it is not moral to use the information without getting permission.  I believe if they would have cited her it would have been moral.

4.   It is a fine line to describe morals because of the complexity of the beliefs of individuals and how we all define morals in a variety of ways.  If the law is stated to cite in a certain way that it is the law and should be followed.

5.  Our beliefs are different, but the law is the law.  Maybe what you believe in is opposite of what the law states.  Ex.  Marriage laws, abortion, etc.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that it is complex to define proper morals as we all have different ideas of what is morally correct.

    Like you, I was not sure from this article if it is legal to use web based articles that are not copyright protected. This article certainly made me think about how careful I should be when I am using information and posting my own ideas.

    ReplyDelete